The South Carolina Forestry Commission is committed to open, transparent and responsive government. We take seriously our responsibilities to taxpayers and the general public in providing helpful, timely and courteous service with regard to requests for any public information for which our agency is responsible.
Current SC Forestry Commission news releases.
Agency reports, state government reports, collaborative management/partnership reports, fact sheets, publications and information about the SCFC app.
Forest insect/disease resources
- Forest Health manual (36-page pdf)
- Invasive Species of South Carolina (168-page pdf)
- Asian Longhorned Beetle Found in South Carolina
- Emerald Ash Borer Detected in South Carolina
- Don’t move firewood!!!
- Before you sell your timber…!
- Understanding Timber as a Commodity
- Range of returns from planted loblolly pine
- DO and DON’T Tips on Selling Your Timber
- Timber prices
- Value of timber
- Before you sell your timber
- Timber buyers list
- A Landowners Guide to Forestry in South Carolina – (pdf)
- Tax tips for forest landowners (pdf)
- Income tax deduction for timber casualty loss (pdf)
- National Timber tax website
Benefits of Prescribed Burning
Prescribed Fire Plan
DHEC Regulation 61-62.2
Fuel Load Estimation Guide
A Guide for Prescribed Fire in Southern Forests (USFS pdf)
Certified Prescribed Fire Manager (CPFM) program
Frequently Asked Questions about Outdoor Burning in South Carolina
SC Drought Index (Opens a new window.)
SC Prescribed Fire Council (opens in a new window)