Book your stay at our mountain retreat!
Did you know that the Forestry Commission offers a house for rent at Poe Creek State Forest? Located along the Cheohee trout stream flowing through the Piedmont Forestry Center property, this backcountry “cabin” is the perfect rustic getaway for couples, families and other mid-sized groups. With five bedrooms and nine beds, the rental house sleeps plenty of people, but there’s so much more to do outside! Awaiting city-weary visitors are a fire pit, a grill, a large pole shed with picnic tables, abundant trout fishing just steps from the back door, magnificent views of the Blue Ridge foothills and of course hundreds of acres of wilderness to explore. A smaller dwelling on the property, called the “gate house,” is also available for rent. Located closer to the pond at the Piedmont Forestry Center, the gate house sleeps six people. Rates for these lodgings vary for weekends and special dates (see rental rates and restrictions below).
- Mountain cabin rental: $150/night
- Gate house rental: $150/night
- A $100 deposit is required with any reservation, except by state/federal agencies or educational institutions. The deposit is fully refundable, pending no damage to the house or surrounding property and/or a minimum of one-week cancellation notice.
- During emergencies (fires or natural disasters), state and federal agencies take priority and may override any prior reservations. Refunds will be made if your reservation is cancelled for this reason.
- To book any of the Piedmont Center facilities or for more information, contact Poe Creek State Forest Director Chris McCorkle at at email@example.com or (864) 944-1104.